Professional teeth whitening is a fantastic way to brighten your smile. It’s a popular cosmetic dental procedure designed to lighten the colour of your teeth, removing stains and discolouration caused by factors like food, drinks, smoking and aging.
Through various techniques, such as our in-office treatments or premium take-home kits, teeth whitening at PMD effectively revitalises the appearance of your teeth in the shortest time possible, making them noticeably whiter and more radiant.
WHAT CAUSES TOOTH STAINING?
Tooth staining can be caused by various factors including:
- Consumption of coloured foods and beverages.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco
- Poor dental hygiene
- Dental trauma or disease
Why Whiten Your Teeth?
Whitening your teeth at the dentist is like giving your smile a fresh new start. It offers several benefits such as:
- Safe Stain Removal: Your teeth can be discoloured due to age, consumption of certain foods/beverages or smoking. Professional teeth whitening can effectively and safely remove these stains.
- Improved Self-Confidence: A whiter smile can boost your self-esteem and confidence, encouraging you to smile more often and be your best self.
- Quick & Non-Invasive: You can achieve noticeable improvements in a single dental visit or with our take-home whitening kits.
- Customisation: Professional teeth whitening allows for a personalised approach ensuring you achieve the shade of white you desire.
- Special occasions: Teeth whitening is a go-to for those looking to shine a little brighter for those memorable moments captured in photographs and at events.
- Enhances your features: A whiter smile can enhance your facial features, drawing attention that highlights your natural beauty.
It’s best to consult with one of our experienced dentists before undergoing any whitening treatment to ensure it’s safe and appropriate for your specific dental needs.
TYPES OF TEETH WHITENING IN PORT MELBOURNE
Port Melbourne Dental offers a range of effective and proven treatments for whitening teeth. We have two methods to suit our patients’ needs: our in-chair method via Philips Zoom 4 teeth whitening treatment and our convenient Take-home Whitening Kits.
Philips Zoom 4 Teeth Whitening Treatment
Our Philips Zoom 4 Teeth whitening treatment is great for smiles that have been dulled by drinking caffeinated beverages, smoking or aged teeth. It uses a carefully formulated hydrogen peroxide gel activated by a blue light to give you a bright sparkling smile in no time. Zoom is a popular choice because it is quick, affordable and offers high-quality, long-lasting results.
How Long Will Zoom 4 Teeth Whitening Take?
The complete procedure takes around one hour. The procedure begins with a preparation period where a gel is applied to protect your soft tissue areas then the bleaching agent is applied to the teeth. You will go through Four sessions of fresh Gel and 15-minute cycles of bleaching to have a combined total of 60 minutes of bleaching time. (A cleaning is recommended prior to the actual Philips Zoom! whitening session. This will help achieve better results.).
Are There Any Side Effects Using Philips Zoom Teeth Whitening?
For the majority of patients, there are none. However, some will experience temporary sensitivity (dull or sharp sensitivity to hot or cold). This will subside after several hours of ceasing treatment. If sensitivity is present. Bleaching times can be shortened/altered to cater to your needs. Additionally, a desensitising gel can be applied which will help decrease sensitivity.
Is Zoom 4 Teeth Whitening Safe?
Yes. Extensive research and clinical studies indicate that whitening teeth with carbamide or hydrogen peroxide under the supervision of a dental professional are safe. Philips Zoom and Pola Day are Tailored to ensure optimum safety and come in different treatment types and strengths to fit your lifestyle and sensitivity.
Take-Home Whitening Kits
Our take-home whitening kits are a convenient and effective way to whiten your teeth in the comfort of your own home. No need to schedule an extra trip to the dentist, you can brighten your teeth at your own pace.
Our kits consist of custom-fitted trays made by our experienced dentists that will take impressions of your teeth to create trays that will have a perfect fit. You are given a whitening gel to apply each night for a specific amount of time till you achieve the desired results. The gel’s active ingredients break down the stains and discolouration. They are more potent, safer and effective than over-the-counter alternatives. The result is a more efficient and noticeable brightening effect.
TIPS FOR KEEPING YOUR TEETH WHITE
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly
- Reduce the intake of certain foods and beverages that can cause stains such as wine, tea, coffee and curries
- Stay hydrated to help actively wash away staining substances
- If you’re a smoker, try to quit tobacco as it can stain your teeth and is also harmful for your overall health
- Go for professional cleanings every 6 months as built-up tartar and hardened plaque can be removed.
Contact Us for a Free Teeth Whitening Consultation
For Philips Zoom teeth whitening in Port Melbourne, book an appointment with PMD Dental Care today on 03 9646 5100.
Other Dentistry Services
At Port Melbourne Dental, we offer a wide range of dental services beyond routine check-ups and cleanings. These services are designed to correct dental issues, keep your teeth and gums healthy and enhance your smile. They play a vital role in maintaining and improving your oral health.